In a survey, conducted in 2018, Immunovet was found to enhance companion animals’ weight gain and to improve the quality of their fur and overall health.
In 2018, a total number of 60 dogs and cats were involved in a study, where they were fed with Immunovet for 8 weeks, while the owners were given a questionnaire to record the observed changes on their pets. They had to keep track of their pets’ body weight, appetite, fur quality, behavior, symptoms (if the animal had any illness at the beginning of the study) and the occurrence of side effects.
By the end of the study, dogs had a weight gain of 4% of their bodyweight, while this result was 6% among cats. Both groups had a 2 point improvement in their appetite: on a scale from 1 to 5, the average appetite raised from 2 to 4, which meant an enhanced appetite. Regarding their fur, the results were similar: the average quality improved from 3 to 5 (where 5 was the maximum score again). The most frequently observed behavioral change was the animals becoming more active. Many owners recorded an improvement in their pets’ symptoms such as hair loss, scratching and otitis. Only 6% of the animals had a mild gastrointestinal disorder (vomiting or diarrhea) during the feeding period, but the other 94% had no side effect at all.
The background of the observed changes is the complex effect of Immunovet, which involves antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and immune system strengthening capability. Similar results were obtained from earlier studies conducted with farm animals. Based on the experiences, Immunovet can be used safely for improving our companion animals’ general status.
Reference: Kishen Parekh, 2018: The Effects of Fermented Wheat Germ Extract on the Condition and General Status in Companion Animals. Thesis. University of Veterinary Medicine Budapest, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology.